Why Indonesians choose Malaysia for health and medical care
There is a continuing growing trend of Indonesians traveling to Malaysia for health and medical care. Malaysia’s popularity as a medical tourism destination is attributed to the high quality of healthcare services, affordability, and ease of travel between the two countries. So, what are the probable reasons why Indonesians choose Malaysia for their medical needs? And what are the top 10 medical treatments popular among Indonesian travellers?
Reasons for Choosing Malaysia
- Quality of Healthcare: Malaysia boasts numerous internationally accredited hospitals and clinics that adhere to strict quality standards. These facilities maintain a high-quality care to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for their patients. They are also regularly audited by International organisations such as the Joint Commission International (JCI).
- Affordability: Medical treatments in Malaysia are significantly less expensive than in many other countries, including Indonesia. This cost advantage makes it an attractive destination for Indonesians seeking affordable healthcare without compromising on quality.
- Ease of Travel: With numerous direct flights between Indonesia and Malaysia, traveling for medical treatment is convenient and hassle-free. Additionally, both countries share cultural similarities, making it easier for Indonesian patients to adapt to their surroundings during their stay.
- Expert Medical Professionals: Malaysian doctors and surgeons are highly skilled and experienced in their respective fields. Many of them have received training in renowned institutions worldwide and are members of international medical associations, ensuring that patients receive the highest level of expertise and care during their treatment.
Top 10 Medical Treatments Popular Among Indonesians in Malaysia
- Cardiology treatments, such as angioplasty and bypass surgery
- Orthopaedic procedures, including total knee replacement and hip replacement surgeries
- Chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and targeted therapies are examples of oncology treatments for cancer patients.
- Liposuction, breast augmentation, rhinoplasty, and facelifts are examples of cosmetic and plastic surgery procedures.
- Fertility treatments, such as in-vitro fertilisation (IVF) and intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Dental treatments, such as dental implants, crowns, and root canal therapy
- Ophthalmology procedures, including cataract surgery and LASIK eye surgery
- Weight loss surgery, such as gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy
- Neurosurgery procedures, including treatment for brain tumours and spinal surgeries
- Urology treatments, such as kidney stone removal and prostate surgery
As the trend of medical tourism continues to grow, it is essential for patients to research and select reputable healthcare facilities and professionals to ensure a successful treatment experience. By choosing Malaysia for their healthcare needs, Indonesian patients can access world-class medical treatments at a fraction of the cost in other countries.
Latest blog posts